Fall is a beautiful time to spend a couple of hours with friends stewarding the land in our parks.
Join the “Seed Squad”
Help gather seeds from native prairies for winter sowing and spring propagation at a “Seed Squad” event. This can be a contemplative solo experience, or a good time to catch up with friends. These popular events are limited to just 23, so register today!
“Seed Squad” Where/When:
• Thursday, September 2nd | 5:30-7:30 pm | Trout Brook Nature Sanctuary (1200 Jackson St)
• Tuesday, September 14th | 5:30-7:30 pm | Highwood Nature Preserve (Parking at Taylor Park: 2131 S Howard St)
• Thursday, October 7th | 5:30-7:00 pm | Trout Brook Nature Sanctuary (1200 Jackson St)
Registration: Pre-registration is required. Please register here.
Lilydale Park Clean Up Sat, Oct 16, 9-11 am
Your Saint Paul Parks Conservancy began in 2008 making improvements to Lilydale Park. Join the Conservancy, Friends of Lilydale and Saint Paul Rotary from 9-11 a.m. Sat, Oct 9 picking up trash and monitoring plastics found along the riverbank using the Marine Debris Tracking App. We will divide up into teams of 2-3, with one volunteer designated to track items collected in the App. We will meet at the main parking lot on the East end of Lilydale Road (closest to the Pool and Yacht Club).
Registration: Please RSVP with the names and email addresses of the volunteers in your group so that we can plan for enough trash bags and treats!
Using the free smartphone app Marine Debris Tracker, under the MRCTI tab, community volunteers of any experience level can help track plastics and other trash to help scientists, policy-makers, businesses, and community members take informed action. Data collected during this fall clean up will be part of the national Mississippi River Plastic Pollution Initiative, the first data snapshot to combat plastic pollution along one of the world’s greatest waterways. (NOTE: Be sure to select the “MRCTI” tab when you open the app for the first time so your data is included in the initiative.)
Swede Hollow Buckthorn Busting Sat, Oct 9, 9-11 am
Buckthorn is the invasive gift that keeps on giving – but together we can bust it! Join us and Friends of Swede Hollow to gather Buckthorn brush and to remove other invasives from this hidden forest. We will meet at the park entrance at 665 Greenbrier Street.
Registration: Please RSVP with the names and email addresses of the volunteers in your group so that we can plan teams and treats!
Note on COVID Policies
• Saint Paul Parks and Recreation programs and facilities are in compliance with CDC guidelines and we ask that all visitors also comply with current CDC guidelines when visiting our parks and recreation facilities.
• Masks are required for all City staff and visitors while inside all City-owned buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
• Masks are required for staff and participants of Saint Paul Parks and Recreation programs while outdoors when a 6ft distance cannot be maintained.
• CDC guidelines recommend wearing masks in outdoor crowded settings or while participating in outdoor activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
• Please maintain a 6ft distance from those outside your household, both indoors and outdoors.
• Please stay home if you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.