Now is the time to share your input!
Saint Paul Parks and Recreation is engaging community members to inform and develop a Master Plan for Summit Avenue that reviews the corridor from the Mississippi River to Downtown Saint Paul. This master plan will evaluate opportunities, constraints, and feasibility of a regional trail facility within the corridor and will serve as a guide to future transportation, pedestrian, and parkway improvements.
Planning will focus on the segment from Lexington to Victoria ahead of planned reconstruction in 2023.
Summit Avenue is an important link in the parks and trails network for the Metropolitan Region. The Master Plan process will review Summit Ave. from the river to downtown Saint Paul and develop a guide for future improvements within City right-of-way.
- Evaluate a regional trail alignment on Summit Ave. to improve recreation experience and safety for all users.
- Identify ways to balance the context of Summit Ave. when modernizing infrastructure.
- Improve connectivity and public access to open space. Support the evolving needs of users to create a more resilient, people-oriented corridor.
- Fall 2021 PHASE I: Corridor Evaluation
- Winter-Spring 2021 / 2022 PHASE II: Design & Direction
- Summer 2022 PHASE III: Final Master Plan & Approvals
Share your thoughts at https://engagestpaul.org/summit
You’ll find several tools to share ideas and leave comments.
- Interactive Map: Drop pins, share photos, leave comments
- Survey (open through Jan 1, 2022): Share how you use the corridor and what your priorities are
Idea Board: Post comments and photos with others in your community